Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How others can add posts to this blog

I was thinking today, "Some people have a lot of information and know a lot more about Simonson genealogy than I do.  It would be nice if they could also be able to also make posts on this blog."  Of course, you are welcome to send the information to me, and I can then post it.  However, I also thought it might be nice if other people could post directly.  I looked into it, and it looks very easy to do.  I just have to send you an invitation by email to become a "team member."  If you have something you would like to add to the blog and would like to become a team member, just let me know.  Or, if you would prefer I post it for you, I would be happy to do that as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Paul Simonson et al,

    I have become fascinated by the Staten Island Simonson family. I am trying to learn about my extraordinary great grandmother Mabel Simonson. No one in our family knew much about her as she was quite an excentric and glamorous woman who had at least five husbands and kept her cards close to the vest. She was also famously beautiful. We knew that she had run away from home early on her wild life's journey, but I only now just found found out how early. I stumbled upon a Brooklyn Daily Eagle notice from Sept 8, 1890 saying that Mabel, 14, had vanished from her parents home. Suspicion fell on a Brooklyn man named Robert Duryea.

    The family lore confirms that she ran away with him. She soon left Duryea with their three young children to return to NY and take up with my great grandfather, whom she then left with another three small children, including my grandfather.

    I have found her in the 1880 census living at the southern tip of Bayonne, right across from Staten Island -about a mile from Simonson Ave. She was 4, living with her father, George Simonson, age 27, Her mother, Alethea, age 24, and her brother, age 2.

    Do you recognize any of these Simonsons? I would love to figure out specifically how this wild, beautiful woman related to the larger clan.

    Thanks so much. I hope to hear from you.

    All best,
    Jacob

    ReplyDelete